I realize that I quoted a phrase out of context and it didn't make sense. The quote I'm talking about was, "Faith is the opposite of common sense." Without knowing the context of this quote, it doesn't seem right. The situation was that this woman had been living her life, not trusting (having faith) in God. She was trying to be independent and depending solely on herself to improve her life. She was using her common sense to try to get herself out of bad situations, etc. She finally realized that, more important than trying to do everything perfectly in her life and using her common sense, she needed to have faith that God would rescue her and help her through every situation in her life. I hope that helps this quote to make more sense. Hopefully, I learned my lesson and will be more careful when quoting.
P.S. The missions trip to Neighborhood Ministries was an amazing experience. I'll be posting about it soon with pictures.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Quoting out of context is extremely unwise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
You are so sweet, Summer, very humble of you to post this.
Grace, grace, grace to you!!
Summer we all say things we shouldnt that is part of being human. I ask God for wisdom what to say what not to say. You are a blessing and a joy to me and to others.
HugsooooooooooooooJen McCraw
Post a Comment